Why is it important to replace electric toothbrush heads? Glad you asked. Dentists — and the Centers for Disease Control — recommend that people change their toothbrush within 3 to 4 months, or whenever they start showing signs of wear. Think: frayed or matted bristles. For children who chomp down on their brush, sooner is better.
What type of replacement brush heads are best? Learn more about what makes them different and which brush head is ideal when you replace electric toothbrush heads.
Back to why it’s important to replace electric toothbrush heads.
- Bristles are crucial to whisking aside the food and bacteria that causes plaque. And who wouldn’t want their first line of defense to be in top form?
- Good health is another good reason. Infections – viral and bacterial – can linger. Get rid of that toothbrush head post illness.
- Sharing toothbrushes equals sharing germs. Even if you’d trust someone with your life, don’t trust them with your toothbrush. If, accidentally, someone (even a family member) uses your toothbrush, toss the brush head and start fresh.
Stock up to have spare electric toothbrush heads at the ready.
When you’re replacing the brush head on your electric toothbrush, here are a few to consider.
- To safeguard gums from accidental bleed, consider PRO-SYS VarioSonic V180 Extra Soft Replacement Heads. With its shorter bristles and gentle curvature, you don’t have to worry about applying too much pressure when brushing. Get rid of that toothbrush head post illness.This extra soft electric toothbrush head can safely and efficiently clean teeth without wounding gums and inner mouth areas.
- Skip hard-bristled brushes that feel too rough in your mouth with PRO-SYS VarioSonic V105 Feather Soft Replacement Heads. For most people, dentists recommend using a feather-soft electric toothbrush replacement head. This brush head may be the softest toothbrush head for all VarioSonic units. With this product, you can eliminate the stress that stiff bristles can put on your teeth and gums. Learn more.
- Get extra protection from germs and other harmful oral bacteria. Think DuPont™ StaClean™ filaments that contain silver and antimicrobial zinc. The PRO-SYS VarioSonic V200A Normal Soft Antimicrobial Replacement Heads add an extra layer of protection for your mouth, cleaning between teeth to prevent decay while also guarding against bacteria. Learn more.
- Clean between tight spaces of orthodontic brackets. The VarioSonic® V200B Orthodontic Replacement Heads have thin bristles, making them best companion for cleaning around braces and other dental implants. There are no complicated orthodontic brackets if you have these toothbrush Oral B Replacement heads on standby inside your bathroom cabinet. Learn more.